All completed applications will be reviewed by the members of the Admissions Committee to choose the best possible candidates. Due to the uniqueness of the program there are no provisions for advanced standing. Preference will be given to applications received before October 1. The second and final application deadline is February 1.
All applicants must submit application materials to both the CAMC School of Nurse Anesthesia and Marshall University. Please note the change in address.
Online Application for CAMC
Application for Marshall University
Helpful information about the Marshall Application
- Semester you plan to enroll is Summer. Please note that our program deadline is earlier than indicated on the Marshall form.
- The campus where you will take most of your courses is South Charleston
- Type of admission is Degree Seeking
- Name of major is DNAP
- Major code is GB800000
- Fee classification and residency information is gathered for statistical purposes, but is not used to establish tuition rate for the DNAP program. Please refer to the list of tuition and fees specific for the DNAP program for this information.
- There is a $40 fee for the Marshall application. This fee is in addition to the application fee to be submitted with the CAMC form.
- A transcript of your baccalaureate degree must be submitted directly to Marshall University from the degree granting institution. This baccalaureate transcript is in addition to the transcripts that must be sent directly to CAMC.
Admission Requirements - Full Admission
All applicants must meet the following criteria. The program does not offer conditional or provisional admission
1. Graduate from an approved baccalaureate or higher degree generic program in nursing or graduate from an approved associate degree with an appropriate baccalaureate degree.
2. Minimum overall undergraduate grade point average of 3.0.
3. A current, valid, professional registered nursing license in one jurisdiction of the United States, which satisfies the requirements of the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses. Once admitted, the School requires all in state and out of state students to maintain licensure in the State of West Virginia or qualifying compact state licensure.
4. A minimum of one year full time work experience (two years preferred) or its part time equivalent, as an RN in a critical care setting. The applicant must have developed as an independent decision-maker, capable of using and interpreting advanced monitoring techniques based on knowledge of physiological and pharmacological principles.
The glossary definition of Critical Care Experience from the COA- Critical care experience must be obtained in a critical care area within the United States, its territories or a U.S. military hospital outside of the United States. During this experience, the registered professional nurse has developed critical decision making and psychomotor skills, competency in patient assessment, and the ability to use and interpret advanced monitoring techniques. A critical care area is defined as one where, on a routine basis, the registered professional nurse manages one or more of the following: invasive hemodynamic monitors (such as pulmonary artery catheter, CVP, arterial); cardiac assist devices; mechanical ventilation; and vasoactive infusions. Examples of critical care units may include but are not limited to: Surgical Intensive Care, Cardiothoracic Intensive care, Coronary Intensive Care, Medical Intensive Care, Pediatric Intensive Care, and Neonatal Intensive Care. Those who have experiences in other areas may be considered provided they can demonstrate competence with managing unstable patients, invasive monitoring, ventilators, and critical care pharmacology.
5. Three (3) references by persons in the medical profession who are familiar with the applicant’s qualifications. One of which must be the immediate supervisor. Reference forms are sent directly from the school to the references provided in the application. We do not accept references from an applicant. NOTE: Applications are not complete until all 3 references are submitted.
6. Resume detailing education and work experience.
7. A personal interview may be requested.
8. Official transcripts from all universities attended. Transcripts must be sent directly from the schools - no transcripts will be accepted directly from an applicant.
9. GRE Scores - official scores are to be sent to Marshall University, the unofficial scores may be uploaded to your CAMC Application
CAMC School of Nurse Anesthesia
100 Angus E Peyton Dr.
South Charleston, WV 25303