The Center for Health Services and Outcomes Research (CHSOR) began operations in 1996 and is currently located within the Research Division of the CAMC Institute for Academic Medicine.
The CHSOR has four main areas of research:
- Performance improvement and quality
- Patient-centered care
- Investigator initiated research
- Public health practice and research
Our Purpose is to:
- Stimulate, develop and disseminate research.
- Train and engage others in research that helps the community and future generations.
- Conduct research that meets the needs of our community.
- Provide opportunities for growth in healthcare education and research
- Develop an environment of creativity and innovation that address community problems through research.
- Be a center for innovation, outcomes oriented organization promoting research services to the CAMC community.
- Provide an environment that embraces evaluation and learning process to provide the best possible healthcare to our community.
- Provide compelling innovative research and educational services to the community we serve.
- Remain a recognized leader in our state and community by stimulating and engaging in healthcare innovation.