Comprehensive Clinical Training
Our Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship program is dedicated to developing competent physicians through an integrated program of extensive clinical experience, exposure to different delivery systems, thoughtful incorporation of a professional attitude and academic activities including conferences, lectures and clinical and patient effectiveness research and practice improvement. Fellow responsibility for quality patient care is emphasized and engagement in process of care to develop our graduates as future leaders. Highlights of the program include:
- Faculty of 20 physicians dedicated to the treatment of pulmonary and critical care patients
- Dedicated Research Coordinator to assist with scholarly work during fellowship
- CAMC Life Support Training and Center for Innovation and Simulation Learning, providing 7,500 square feet of high fidelity simulation including Bronchoscopy simulation
- Training in ENLS (Emergency Neurological Life Support), ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support), and FCCS (Fundamentals of Critical Care Support) incorporated into training in addition to ACLS/BLS
- Rotations in Trauma ICU, CT Surgery ICU, Neuro ICU and Lung Transplant
- Didactics including multidisciplinary Thoracic Tumor Board, CPC Radiology Conference, Patient Safety and Quality Improvement, Journal Club and Flipped Classroom lectures
With these resources, our ultimate mission is to produce clinicians with the knowledge and skill set needed to educate and provide service in an area of medicine that continues to grow in demand and to become leaders not only in their field but also their community.
Our Pulmonary Critical Care Fellowship Program provides a unique training experience in a high volume referral center supporting much of central and southern West Virginia and surrounds states. Clinical training will be experienced at Charleston Area Medical Center (CAMC). At 956 beds with approximately 42,000 admissions and 10,000 adult critical care admissions yearly, it is the largest medical center in Southern West Virginia serving as a tertiary care center offering all internal medicine subspecialties. We offer comprehensive care and comprehensive academics with a few of the offerings below.
- The only hospital in WV named to Best Hospitals in America by Healthgrades
- The only health care winner of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award 2015
- Level I Trauma Center and Renal Transplant Center
- Free Standing Oncology Center and Occupational Lung Center
- Structural Heart Program and Vascular Center of Excellence
- Primary Stroke Center with Comprehensive Medical Rehabilitation Unit
- CAMC Clinical Trials Center
- Institute of Academic Medicine with more than 180 interns, residents and fellows
- Regional campus to West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine and West Virginia University
Salary and Benefits
CAMC offers a comprehensive salary and benefit package for residents and fellows.