Training Programs in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology
CAMC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) as a sponsoring institution of graduate medical education residency and fellowship programs. The CAMC Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology Fellowship Programs are sponsored by CAMC. West Virginia University Charleston Campus is an affiliate educational partner.
CAMC's Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology Fellowships offers an opportunity for training in a high volume clinical environment where fellows are supported by talented and specialized faculty. In addition to clinical training, fellows have many research opportunities supported by the CAMC Institute for Academic Medicine.
Research in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology
CAMC has dedicated significant resources to align the advanced imaging and heart failure programs with our interventional centers of excellence as we embark on a new strategic focus of teaching and research. The Center for Innovation and Simulation Learning allows for participation in a very active cardiovascular simulation program.
In 2021, there were 310 active research projects and 74 various types of industry sponsored trials at CAMC.
Patient Care in Cardiovascular Disease and Interventional Cardiology
At CAMC, we put patients first. With a highly-trained and experienced team, and using the most advanced technology available, we are advancing the field of cardiac care in our region. As one of the top heart programs in the country, we’re proud to offer:
- An experienced team of specialists that includes medical and interventional cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, cardiac electrophysiologists, vascular surgeons and specialized advanced practice providers and nurses.
- Advanced structural heart program that performs groundbreaking, life-saving procedures every day.
- Open heart, minimally-invasive and robotic surgical capabilities using the most advanced technology available.
- A suite of cath labs that are accredited by the American College of Cardiology as Cardiac Cath Lab v1 with PCI and Chest Pain with PCI
- Cutting-edge electrophysiology labs equipped with advanced technology and specially-trained staff.
- Advanced cardiac imaging and diagnostic testing using state-of-the-art equipment.
- Outpatient Congestive Heart Failure and COPD Clinics to manage risk factors and improve heart and lung health.
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation and supportive care.